Friday, March 29, 2013

The Broken Gun


We have finally just finished up this book:




The Broken Gun by Louis L'Amour. It was actually pretty good. The boys followed along well & we just read it here & there as we went along.

You will see a large amount of what we are reading is Louis L'Amore. My husband doesn't read fiction very often, but when he does it is by Louis L'Amore. So one day browsing a thrift shop he came upon a collection & bought the whole thing. All 100 books that they had. My boys love the "cowboy" books as they call them, & are always grabbing one & begging we read to them.

This one is about a current day writer that bought an old gun at a pawn shop. In the gun was pages written out of a journal from a man that disappeared over more than a 100 years ago. He is now determined to find out what happened.

I didn't do anything extra to go along with this book, but I am making plans for our next 2 reads.


One is the Last of a Breed . We are half way through it. I have been going through all sorts of ideas to go with this one.





We also started this one today. Ragged Dick, or Street life in New York with the boot blacks.
My little brother bought it for me to read to my boys. You can also find it on kindle. I downloaded it yesterday for free. That way I have always have it with me. I am going to do some extra activities to go along in the future. I will share once we finish.

So that is what we are reading next. What are you reading?


- Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. All 100 books?! That is quite a collection! We are reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with the fact that you are using Louis L'Amour for read alouds! I grew up reading them. They were a fixture at my grandparents house and ours. I loved them. I might have to revisit them just for my own reading. And maybe keep them in mind for when the kids are a little older, lol!

    http://www.thechickenwire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete